New Hope UMC

New Hope Cemetery History

 

The cemetery is located less than a mile from New Hope UMC church, just east across Highway 21 on Bay Road. Get Map of cemetery here. (Then click on picture and move mouse to see the cemetery. This location was in close to the original church built in 1825. There have been some changes to the dimensions over the years as additional land was donated or acquired. It is in sort of a V shape extending from Bay Road on the South to Pineland on the north. The west boundary is adjacent to an open field. There is at present no demarcation of this boundary. Plants are currently underway to plant several trees along this west boundary. Hopefully someday we may be able to add an entrance and the west boundary would be a good choice. 

The cemetery is owned, operated and maintained by the church under a committee structure. See Operations for details.